what did you break today?

Well, I busted me air suspension!

Fortunately, I have a compressor and 4 air springs in the cupboard.

There is a very useful moral to the story - 46 yds of turf does not go into the back of a 93 vogue se.

Arse!

Right, now the turf is laid, time to see if I can sort out the compressor and springs

Si

Reply to
simonk

I mangled the thread on a track rod end.........

Reply to
Mark

Not unless you roll it up, it doesn't...

Reply to
David French

Well, the turf fitted, however

you have to ask yourself, £40 for 46 yds of turf and a bolloxed air suspension system - was it worth it?

Got the compressor casing off - and now its bucketing down

WHY ME?

Si

Reply to
simonk

I've got a flat tyre and a battery that won't charge (turns out there is no water in it).

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

For those of you with air springs, can I recommend

Just pumped mine up manually, all the same springs and compressor!

Can only assume that I overloaded (literally) the system.

Can testbook reset ECU faults?

Si

Reply to
simonk

Reply to
Foxhunter

On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 19:37:51 -0000, "Foxhunter" made me spill my meths by writing:

k3$16tvbk$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-66925.news.uni-berlin.de...

I broke a front spring on the RAV4, I know I need to lose weight but...

I see RAV's that have been lowered but can I find a standard set of springs spare anywhere...

Reply to
Wayne Davies

Happy bunny ville has been reached!

defo the ECU

Pumped it up manually, took it for a drive, no problems at all!

Should I get a new ECU or get the one i've got fault cleared? decisions decisions

Si

Reply to
simonk

-snip-

Busted my clutch on the 110. Friday night towing the espresso bar home from the market and the pedal felt very spongy. Next morning (bucketed down with rain all night so I didn't check the fluid) and it was soft all the way down with a mm or two actual clutch actuation possible. Can't get brake fluid anywhere in Portsmouth town centre - had to pay £5 for a thimble sized bottle of synthetic fluid at a garage. 110 almost bled itself now :)

Always had a slow leak, even with new master cylinder - there's a union on the n/s bulkhead where it goes down by the wing - always looks damp. Might be that...

Reply to
danny

Check the hose - on the last MOT, the inspector noticed that my flexible clutch hose had been chafing against the chassis, and had worn a flat spot on it.

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
William MacLeod

On or around Sun, 2 Nov 2003 15:10:13 -0000, "simonk" enlightened us thusly:

ooops.

I build trailers, if that's any help... ;-)

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Sun, 2 Nov 2003 15:10:13 -0000, "simonk" enlightened us thusly:

[turf-related woes]

well, I won't say I broke it, actually, but the rearmost UJ needs attention.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Do you rent them out, with or without a towing vehicle & driver?

Reply to
David French

On or around Tue, 4 Nov 2003 09:49:23 -0000, "David French" enlightened us thusly:

hehe. Big trailer plus tow vehicle and driver is up for negotiation, part of why I got it in the first place. Military rate it to carry 1.5T, so it's probably good for 4, I've successfully recovered the 110 on it; fits on with about 2" to spare, as does a disco - never knew the disco was that long. I won't rent it out solo, and in any case, you need a NATO hitch to tow it...

but in general, no. the only other one that's here isn't mine, although I can use it, I don't think renting it out would prove popular.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Tue, 04 Nov 2003 09:27:33 +0000, Austin Shackles enlightened us thusly:

now sorted, and the 2 ends aligned correctly, which has reduced the vibration. Still a bit there from the fact that it's been inaccurately lengthened.

Reply to
Austin Shackles