Black Military Land Rovers?

I saw some Black Land Rovers with MoD plates (Old Series III, but still in service)

But dose anyone know what there for? I never seen black ones before.

Reply to
Chris

hi Chris,

I saw one today too, at Willetts near Grantham, it was kitted out with some very strange angled tubes (3 on each corner) pointing up & out. Spare mounted on the front horizontally, so it preceeded the bumber by a couple of feet or more, a 20 litre jerry can sat in a cutout in the O/S tub, just behind the drivers door. There seemed to be a lot of equipment inside, or at least the fittings for it. Looked like a FFR model in my limited experience. Also was a softtop I think.

Very curious, it was I think a semi gloss finish too... Bizarre..

Tezza, series 2a 'Olive'

Reply to
terry

That's a Pinkie, in it's orginal olive drab, and they've put a shine on it with diesel oil.

Peter R.

Reply to
Peter R.

Sounds like ex SAS pink panthers.

Reply to
Rory Manton

On or around 9 Oct 2004 15:36:12 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@uk2.net (Chris) enlightened us thusly:

prolly for servicing the black helicopters, of which, of course, there are none.

nothing to see here. Move along please.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Black Panthers then? ;-)

Steve. Suffolk. remove 'knujon' to e-mail

Reply to
AN6530

They are smoke dischargers.

Sounds like a Pink Panther that's been repainted.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

This is the one I saw yesterday. Click MOD stock at the left

Tezza

Reply to
terry

In news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m24.aol.com, AN6530 blithered:

Puma?

Reply to
GbH

in article 41695f19$0$44872$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader02.plus.net, GbH at Geoff snipped-for-privacy@IEE.ORGasm wrote on 10/10/04 17:11:

Nah Pumas are the black helecopters that they don't opperate with 'cause , as you know, there ain't any!!!!

Reply to
Rory Manton

Nah, wre not the Black Panthers active in the US a few years ago?

Steve. Suffolk. remove 'knujon' to e-mail

Reply to
AN6530

According to a mate of mine who wasn't flying on the non-existent black helicopters they didn't get any use in the US or elsewhere because they don't exist. However the fact he was seriously injured whilst not working with said non-helicopters probably means that something was going on. I also think that they weren't in Afghanistan last year IYSWIM.

Reply to
EMB

in article snipped-for-privacy@mb-m25.aol.com, AN6530 at snipped-for-privacy@aol.comknujon wrote on 10/10/04 20:14:

No , Black Panthers are now opperational on Dartmoor.

Reply to
Rory Manton

How much surplus bullshit can someone bolt on to a Landrover to pass it off as something it never was?

"Sorry Sir, we can neither confirm or deny any history of this vehicle with the SAS, need to know and all that... Visa? That'll do nicely"

Still, expect to see it at Billing next year with it's proud new owner.

Reply to
wayne

Now, there's and idea...

You'd not even need to say that. They said in the ad 'SAS Spec' - NOT that it was an SAS motor (which by the look of it is probably quite obvious).

Oh yes indeedy - on the EMLRA stand I wonder? ;-)

Reply to
Mother

Mine is definatly going to end up as something it never was, but not anything it might not ever be, because that is the beuty of landies, customisable to suit your needs and purposes.

Presently I have the kitchen sink in the back of mine as part of my ongoing stealth camper conversion very handy if the SAS ever need to wash the dishes :)

Reply to
Larry

I have a toilet in mine just in case they need a wee too ;-)

Steve. Suffolk. remove 'knujon' to e-mail

Reply to
AN6530

Well I am intend to fit one of those too.

for nervos passengers :)

Reply to
Larry