Broken Radius Arm Bracket

Whilst replacing the bushes on the front of my Disco, I found the source of the mystery clonk I have had for the last 6 months. One of the brackets which the front radius arm attaches to, has broken.

. What are my options on this, weld together?new bracket (where from)? new axle?.If weldable, can anybody recommend someone in the South Bucks,North Berkshire, south Oxon who they would trust to do so. Thanks

Reply to
John Woodison

Personally i'd prefer to take the remainder of the bracket off and weld a new one on after a good cleanup of the rusty area on the axle. You can't (TMK) pop out and buy a new bracket but any good welder should be able to make you one with little effort. I've seen this a few times due to overly worn out bushes, causing the arm to flex and straining the bracket. It goes to say i'd also be using brand new bolts on this as the old ones will have been stressed too. i'd also be looking to change all the remaining bushes to complete the job.

Wolfie

Reply to
lifeis

Unforunately they are not currently available (we looked at having them made, but a spot of consumer research indicated that we would not be able to get an economic price for them).

You'd best find someone who can fabricate and/or weld up a new one, unless you happen to stumble accross an axle, but then how good is the axle........

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

beamendsltd uttered summat worrerz funny about:

It was the lack of such parts which was the final nail in my last Classic before I sold it... not that you can't fix them but I wanted to keep it origional and mint but the parts weren't there to let me (mainly chassis bits as I wanted to replace an outrigger which had perforated reather than plate it and start the chase the rot scenario).

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D