Can I just remove the rear silencer on a D1 V8i

It hangs down so low it is going to get trashed off road so can I just cut the back box off and put an exhaust finisher trim on or will it be too noisy and illegal/MOT fail without it???

Reply to
Andy

Cut it off.

Reply to
Nige

Like Nige said, cut it off.

Remember though that the end of the exhaust must be outside of the line of the bodywork and not underneath.

HTH

Reply to
SteveG

I did on the 110 V8 my son drove. Just replaced it with a suitable piece of pipe. It sounded good, not over noisy just a proper V8 bauble.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Zorstec in shipley will make you a special for decent money matey.

Reply to
Nige

Might get them to do me a side exit then!

Reply to
Andy

Exactly!

Reply to
Nige

Unless it's a Toyota pickup! :-)

DJB

Reply to
Dave Baxter

While I was 'camel cutting' my rear arches today, I decided to just lob it off with me' grinder and it sounds pretty much the same as before! Car looks a lot better without the stupid huge silencer.

Just need to get a piece made up to finish it off now as either a side exit or straight tail pipe (price depending)

Reply to
Andy

LOL :-)

Reply to