Car park entrances

I have a 110 CSW and a local car park has the barrier... I can get in, but not out, as the barrier is lower on the Out side than the "in" I just end up going out the in side!!!!

Reply to
paul Hill

Would that be one that included Dick Dasterdly? I don't think his double dealing dobatters would fit under the barrier!

Julian.

Reply to
Julian

My parent's local authority (LB Bromley) issue permits to their council tax payers which allow access to the (height unrestricted) tips. Simple and effective. Kent has height restrictions labelled as being, IIRC, 1.85m. Whatever it says I should not be able to get thet RR in but can. I don't want to measure it in case they see me doing it and check the height themselves.

Richard

Reply to
Richard

In message , Pacman writes

Having got a P38A under the 6' entrance limit to our local tip for a few years, I went there for the first time in the Disco on Monday. The height limit is there to some commercial waste (which must be paid for) being dumped in the residential area, or so they say. The height limit cuts it down, but doesn't completely stop it.

So, I drive *past* the queue for the main dump, get out my hi-vis vest, and take it into the commercial bit, stopping briefly to explain to the nice lady that it's domestic waste. I also have to show proof of my address there.

All in all, it seems to be a better deal than queueing with everyone else. The only downside is that I can only get in there on Saturday mornings or during the week, but since it's on my way to and from work, that's not much of a difference.

Andy

Reply to
AndyC the WB