car problems resolved

well...nearly...we did get a new'er car...it's nice..it's posh...it's basically a ferrarri in a station wagon...it's great..

Ohhhh if only it had the landie badge we wanted

Reply to
The Hannis'

H'mmmm, Posh cars are OK..like my 1993 Granada Scorpio has all the gizmos but the offset is that depreciation thing. Hope your happy with your new toy. Personally I run my old granny as the main daily driver for me, it cost £800, it's well tidy and makes me feel like a Pimp when cruising the town also has that injection of speed that every now and then requires to be unleashed....

BUT Mr's D would argue and I would probably agree that our 1990 Rangie whilst not as reliable so far wins on the Poshommeter.

Then theres Percy - our pocket rocket, ferrari's are one thing but to say you have to "drive" Percy is an understatement and has pretty much re-written the rules.

Now then...if I just want to go unnoticed at weekends I use the 101 (Landrover shows :-) )and just blend in with the crowd as the Granny would stand out like a sore thumb and should the LRE forum for the 2002 Billing be true I'd probably get beaten up for turning up in a non landrover brand..

For something a little different I've got a Fergurson TEF20 1954 "little grey fergie" tractor which I play on up at Ma and Pa's, A boys got to have his toys!.

Truth is I enjoy all 5 motors, each makes me happy for different reasons but short of a true sports car I think I've got a good set.

Now then, as you've got a nice reliable run around you need a money pit to pour your money into and can justify those extra gruling offroad trips by getting a nice mucky landie to start your set, much simpler to justify if you get a tax exempt one and apart from the engine, gearbox,brakes,steering and chassis what could go wrong! You know it makes sense!

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D