Caused some traffic to stop on my way home....

Some of you may recall I mutted an idea of getting the 110 covered in some graphics to Highlight the abduction of Maddie McCann during our upcoming hols. We will be touring the South of France and Northern Spain.

Well heres some piccys of the work. It was donated by Spectrum Signs and Graphics at Newcastle under lyme who of the many companies I contacted were right on my doorstep compared to others. They have not put any of their details on any of the work but I feel it's only fair to acknowledge their contribution, Especially Darren who worked very hard this afternoon to get the job done so it's a big applause from me.

The idea is purely to raise awareness hence you will notice a sign on the rear windows in Spanish and also French. Whilst alot is in English were hoping that it also spurs others on to spread the word on their Hols to even if they only drop off a poster at their hotel / camp site reception.

I still live in the hope that I can switch on the news and go peel it all off... sooner the better!

Piccys here:

Oh and just for Tom cos he made a special trip to drop of some sponsor money.. we finally raised £501.19 from the Snowdon trip, paid it in yesterday. :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I'm not surprised people were staring. It's a nice job:-)

As an aside, I saw posters in Amsterdam (in Dutch) the other day on a lot of street furniture, so the campaign's been taken there, too, by someone. I've noticed none in Paris this week, though.

I hope she's found alive, and soon.

Tciao for Now!

John.

Reply to
John Williamson

Very subtle Lee, very subtle!

Word of adviice, don't do any petrol station drive offs......

GL

Reply to
Nige

Sure is. The spare wheel cover is too big, though :-)

I have just spent two weeks in south Brittany. Ask a French or Dutch person if they had heard of the campaign and the answer was generally a shrug and a distant recollection of something happening a few weeks ago in Portugal. Which, to be fair, if the situation was reversed, might well be the response they got from me.

And me.

Reply to
Rich B

Cheers all,

The spare wheel cover unfortunately burst it's stiches in a last attempt at squeezing it on. I may go and visit the local tyre centre who happily took six hundred odd quid off me last month to see if they can assist. Then again the rear window is so well done that I may bung the spare in the back whilst over there.

Richards observations have convinced me that the whole idea is worthwhile. May make not a bit of difference in the grand scheme of things but if we never tried and all that....

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

No comment :-)

Aye, good luck with it. Having spent 2 weeks out of the UK, the Maddie case was on almost every news item when we left. I don't think I've heard a single mention since we got back.

Reply to
Rich B