Chipping Td6 Range Rover

I won a box of tricks off eBay at a very cheap price (auction ended at silly middle of night time) Anyone got any experience of said box of tricks?

I only went for it as it was cheap.

Also got a very nice set Vogue SE wheels & tyres too. For about the price of a couple of tyres ;)

Reply to
Nige

Nige, no experience with that particular box, but I fitted something similar on my 330d (basically the same engine!) when I had it - what a difference! It was as if someone had just fitted a bigger engine, with the torque coming in soooo much lower down the range and a more pronounced power band. Overall, my mpg improved very slightly as well. It was a bugger to fit the plug to the back of the fuel rail at the pressure sensor though due to the limited access on the 330. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Nice one!! Hope it works at £50....

Reply to
Nige

Nige be very wary of these, all they do is fool the ECU into adding more fuel, makes it a bit quicker but can cause real problems with sensors etc. It screwed up my Freelander TD4 big time and gunged the EGR valve too.

Personally I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole, I'd get it properly remapped by a pro.

Just my 2p worth.

Reply to
Andy