For Sale - R5 GT Turbo Raider.

It's time for a new project.

I'm selling a G-plate R5 turbo raider.

100+k on the clock but engine rebuild around 2k ago.

It's for sale as it is for £1000 ono the head gasket has just gone. This is from no form of abuse. It burst a water pipe, ran hot and melted the (group a allegedly) head gasket.

So it's 1k as it stands or it's booked in for the work to be done (all replacements are group A as usual) and i'm going to want considerably more.

It has a full group A engine (CAM, head, pisons, head gasket, clutch, dump valve etc etc)

it's sat fairly low on koni adjustables and 15" league alloys (forget the name but i'll grab pics) interior is in good condition (full raider interior is in) full stainles system with a 2.5" bore strait through with a 3.5" backbox.

bodywork and paint is still standard in good condition for it's age with no visible rust.

Can arrange work to be done if anyones serious, or take it now and do the work yourselves.

will be re-advertised once the work is done (and with a new RR readout if it doesnt sell now.

I'm away for a week as of sunday (in egypt :oD) so i'll check this when i get back and decide if i'm sending it in to be fixed or not :o)

nice little go-kart but it's time for me to move on.

Offers considered (maybe even px's or trades)

contact me on here or on snipped-for-privacy@plus.net

Mason

Reply to
Mason

Any questions i'll be replying in here for today at least.

i'm in the yorkshire/notts area

Mason

Reply to
Mason

Pics please

-- Chet

HF Integrale 16v - Gettin there!1993 Renault 19 16v - Subtle extras like a T3 ;)1998 Audi A4 - I don't know why, but i did.

Reply to
Chet

I can give a link to *one* pic now bit useless i know. more availabel when i get back from Egypt :o)

hang > > It's time for a new project.

Reply to
Mason

sorry it's on somone elses free hosting....

Thats her :o)

Reply to
Mason

Nice! Wanna do a deal with an integrale? :)

-- Chet

HF Integrale 16v - Gettin there!1993 Renault 19 16v - Subtle extras like a T3 ;)1998 Audi A4 - I don't know why, but i did.

Reply to
Chet

:o) i would....but i'm under strict (better half ) instructions to get a more relaible car :o(

but just in case.....

whats the spec/condition etc ;o) and how much you looking....ooh and pics :oD

Mason

Reply to
Mason

Goddammit i'm so weak. This is how i ended up with 5 cars and an angry Mrs :o)

Mason

Reply to
Mason

Very smart mason, isnt there anything else you can get rid of if you have 5 cars?

Reply to
REMUS

preferably yes.....but as you know R5's arent the most relaible car.....so i need a more relaible runner for the "work run" and the Mrs hates the R5...

i need drive room for a cossie ;o)

Mason

Reply to
Mason

So is the engine ok appart from the things you mentioned? No cracked head or warping? When do you get back from egypt and would you go any lower than £1k, since I don't really need the engine or alloys atm.

What does ono mean (ive always wondered)?

Reply to
REMUS

#

ono = or-nearest-offer

You want the R5 without the engine :o|

it wont drive well without the wheels.

As far as i'm aware the engine is sound but for 1k....

check how much raiders are going for ;o)

if i get the engine work done i'm going to need quite a bit more than a grand.

I could brake it for about that.

Mason

Reply to
Mason

Forgot to mention...

this comes with a spare engine (bottom end gone) with brand new head/headgasket.

Reply to
Mason

Its not that I don't want the engine, its just I dont want the problems that might come with it since my dad has 2 r5's up the feild with working engines I thought I may as well ask.

Yeah I don't like the style much and I can bring wheels to put it on the trailer.

On ebay there are a few going for 1k plus but they havnt got any bids but there are others like this in full working order for £800-900

Like this:

Or cars that are spare/repair are going for proberbly £300

?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2490757339&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Reply to
REMUS

none of the above are raiders....this still demands a small premium.

Reply to
Mason

none of the above are raiders...

find me a raider going for 1k.

Reply to
Mason

sorry just found one with no tax,test,grille,alloys and an unpainted bonnet..

and the bids are still coming in at 400 quid.

and thats the *only* raider currently on e-bay.

oh and it needs a new turbo :o)

Reply to
Mason

thats just a block and head...400 quid reserve not met.

I'm chucking in a spare engine :o)

Reply to
Mason

Thats not an auction he says to email him for the price. This is a complete raider, with a smokey engine going for £260 with 22 hours left that i put in my last reply.

Whats special about a raider?

Reply to
REMUS

.....which'll be good for at least a few hundred miles :-))

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan