Chrome mirrors?

I recently acquired a 1968 series IIa 88. It is a "Four Wheel Drive Station Wagon" with such namby pamby luxuries as roof and door linings, and a cigar lighter socket. Bizarrely it also has chromed wing mirrors ..... can these possibly be original?

ian mac

Reply to
Ian Macpherson

I can't find them in my parts book - but it would not surprise me if they were at least fitted by the dealer. JD

Reply to
John

The Landrover Optional Equipment catalogue P/N 4437, dated 1962/1965 Lists:- "External Mirror The external chromium plated driving mirror is of the 'boomerang' type and can be fitted to either the right- or left-hand front wing"

JD

Reply to
John

Thanks for that: someone has been trying to convince me that they must be a later addition: but they look quite original (though the chrome isn't bad for 35 yrs old). ....still struggling with the weird & wonderful electrics though....

Reply to
Ian Macpherson