Clutch Hydraulics

DiscoII Td5 When I drove the car for any distrance, say 200km at 110km/hr (using cruise usually) the clutch would lose a lot of pedal. After advice from this NG about fluid leaking past the pistons, both master and slave were replaced with new. However, the problem still occurs although to a lesser extent. As it really only occurs when driven continuously for 200-300km at a constant speed, could heat build-up have anything to do with the problem? Steve W (in Aus)

Reply to
Steve/Aus

Hose on the system gets soft with heat? Perhaps try replacing the hose.

JD

Reply to
JD

I had a leak due to wear on one of the clutch pipes that went down the side of the engine. Don't see how it could be intermittent, but its worth a look.

Reply to
madhatchetman