Completely OT and Blatant Advert.

Hopefully the subject line will stop me getting flamed..:-)

And I've posted on here for a few years so hope you could spend a minute helping me out.

The website for my business has just gone live at

If you would be so kind to have a look and tell me if it's fully understandable, if there are spelling mistakes.

Do you find anything confusing or would you like to see anything else on there to make it clearer.

The images of the stone will be updated shortly with better quality images.(my scanner is very good it appears)

This is my business and sometimes with these things I'm so absorbed I can't see the wood for trees.

Any feedback is helpful, good is nice but bad is better! I need to know what to change.

TIA

Muddy

Reply to
Alan Mudd

From the FAQ page.......

"Can I have a sample tile please?" "I can't send you a hole tile it would get rather expensive! ......."

"hole" should be "whole"

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Looks fine to me stone-dude ;o)

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Thanks Steve,

This has been the most common spelling mistake people have noticed...it will be corrected..

Thanks.

Reply to
Alan Mudd

On or around Sat, 18 Dec 2004 11:46:30 +0000 (UTC), "Alan Mudd" enlightened us thusly:

The top line of the price list for tiles doesn't come out too good.

you've got

30,5*30,5 *1

which I would've done using x rather than * and probably . rather than , since the latter is french and therefore to be eschewed.

there is a "multiply" (×)(windows: alt+0215) but it might not render in all fonts, so better stick with a lower case x I'd think. If you can get that to read 30.5x30.5x1 then it'd better understood by most. Also I don't see what units they are, although from the numbers, I assume cm.

Nice site, otherwise; and well done for not *only* having a web-contact-form, a thing I personally detest - I find them generally to be unreliable and don't always get results.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Overall it looks very good and professional.

You may regret putting your mail addresses in open HTML on the contacts page though - it could be easily harvested by spambots. A better option may be to use an email form.

HTH

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Thanks Austin,

I'm not overly happy with the pricing myself, it actually looks a little complicated, too much information in one hit.

I'm toying with idea of overlaying the price over each stone when you click on the smaller image to see the larger more detailed one.

I agree that what is there isn't wonderfully clear and generally looks a bit squashed up.

Muddy

Reply to
Alan Mudd

You could cut out and send the tile hole though, postage would be dead cheap then, unless it was on ebay, then it'd be at least £16.50

Just the facts please...

wayne

Thanks Tim,

This point has been made before and I'm thinking of a way to redesign that.

Alan.

Reply to
Alan Mudd

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, snipped-for-privacy@lardrover.co.uk blithered:

You could ship a hole load of holes for the one price, but your customer might have trouble seperating them, cos the little holes tend to drop inside the bigger ones.

Reply to
GbH

Home Page....

"Import and distribute European Limestone in various forms from our warehouse Close to Junction 6 and 7 M25 in Surrey.! perhaps should be.... "AT Stone import and distribute European limestone in various forms from our warehouse close to Junctions 6 and 7 of the M25 in Surrey."

Also interesting use of capitalisation,eg "Machine profiled solid Limestone Dado and border tiles." Why is limestone, and dado capitalised?

Profiles and borders.....

Molding?? Moulding?? Im honestly not sure which is correct, but Molding just doesnt look right!

Pricing......

"All measurements are in Centimetres with prices are per sq/m"

All measurements are in centimetres, with prices per m2

Pricing page generally messy!

Contact details......

No landline phone? No postal address? These points may put people off trading with you.

Hope I haven't been too critical!! All in all a nice site, but you really need to sort the pricing page out.

Reply to
SimonJ

Have you put meta tags into the HEAD code for the search engines ??

Reply to
Ian

Before today I had never even heared the term META Tags, I did a search on google and I have a basic understanding of these.

I've asked my web guy to organise this if He hasn't done so already.

Thanks

Reply to
Alan Mudd

Thanks Simon, Interesting points.

Pricing page is messy and we're onto that already, it just isn't clear or user friendly.

Molding/Moulding....hell I'm not sure either, and both appear to be quite acceptable. It appears to be another color/colour word where international spellings are being globaly accepted.

Landline phone and address....agreed it doesn't look good omitting either of these.

The business is based on the web and I operate it from home, storage is a secure warehouse with no public access, I'm in the process of getting a second line installed so there will be a landline number soon.

Also I'm currently looking for a small shop that I can set up as a showroom, this will give an address for people to visit to see the stone in reality. In the meantime I'm not putting my home address on there, and the storage company have requested I don't post their address as there is no public access. The shop will solve these problems (but introduce other such as staffing..:-))

Thanks for taking the time to llok through and be critical, this feedback is very importatn.

Alan Mudd

Reply to
Alan Mudd