confession time

Alan's brother has just BINNED 25 years worth of such things. I still have 25 year old "Hobby Electronics" and ETI.....

Steve

Reply to
Steve

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 22:34:55 +0000, Mother scribbled the following nonsense:

before my time!

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Crikey - if you're really keen I'm pretty sure I still have a few years of Everyday Electronics + assorted others still in the garage/loft/basement. I'd be happy to let them go to a home where they'll be [ab]used.

Reply to
William Tasso

I did rescue the first 8 editions of Personal Computer World, though.

Volume 1, No. 1 (1978)

Nascom 1, base kit £227, but you can expand it with 8K of RAM for £97.

Uncle Sir Clive's Science of Cambridge MK14 SCAMP based microprocessor kit. *Only* £39.95 (plus VAT and p&p).

Assembler listings

Circuit diagrams with proper 7400's.

8" floppy discs.

Z80 2.5MHz, £15.50

Hmm. This thread really ought to be over in uk.comp.vintage Follow-ups set.

Reply to
Alan J. Wylie

I reckon that a half decent EMP cannon is probably just about do-able these days...

What for I wonder? There are few laws to regulate hobby electronics testing - albeit if it were to accidentally cause some degree of RFI

May have a few neighbours complaining about broken electrical goods, though...

Reply to
Mother

William Tasso wrote: I'd be happy to let them go to a home where

Martyn has other magazines to abuse, often featuring Charlotte Church apparently.....

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 20:29:06 +0000, Mother scribbled the following nonsense:

and all of yours broken.

Would be good if it could be directed without damaging surrounding equipment.

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Strange how the noise of the trains doesn't bother you though?

And I can justify my extra pollution by the amount of fuel I save by driving a diesel RR not a petrol one..............

Reply to
edeowner

the extra sound quality is really good with the bass box I've found is really good, after all, most Range Rovers and Discoveries have been fitted with them for ages. I was listening to an couple of old U2 albums today and found myself hearing things on a particular track that I never had before. Really enjoyed listening to it.

The D2 sound system is excellent as standard though, I had one for work and it was excellent. Only one I've heard better was in the bosses new Range Rover. 14 speakers or something silly?

Reply to
edeowner

I actually have plans....

Steve

Reply to
Steve

That's why it's called a 'cannon' and not an 'explosion'.

Reply to
Mother

The Harmon Kardon one in my HSE is very good indeed!!

-- Subaru WRX Range Rover LSE (Bob) FOR SALE!!! Range Rover 4.6 HSE (The Tank!)

'"I don't remember asking you a goddam thing"

Reply to
Nige

in article snipped-for-privacy@news.howhill.com, Dave Liquorice at snipped-for-privacy@howhill.com wrote on 19/1/06 9:28 am:

We also have this cd, and Bruce does actually have a PA set up in his workshop/garage, which he was persuaded to play "Don't cha" by our youngest daughter. (My girls are 12, 11 and 9) I can assure you it didn't sound any better at all.

Funnily enough neither has our youngest and only boy. He thinks that he gets to use the Roksan set-up, but we know otherwise!

Nikki

Reply to
Nikki

But I bet it rattled the dust out of the rafters, always assuming said PA has some decent subs on it...

I'm not surprised with 3 older sisters, he can't get word in edgeways. B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Cos I'm 'ard me 'ard!

It is nice to drive topless when it is below freezing or there abouts, all bundled up in nice warm coats with a benny on, laughing at the muppets dressed the same driving there eurobox's.

I may get a little cold but I ALWAYS look COOOOOOOL!

Reply to
Rory

I have modified my baby a bit though . Hopefully the link works!

Rory

In article , Alan J. Wylie writes

The Computer History Museum is currently looking for one:

I asked my dad - sadly he disposed of ours fairly recently.

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

he will be ze first against ze wall come ze revolution :)

--=20 F

Reply to
Folderol

So I'll keep mine, then! 8¬)

I designed and built a 64KB addon and found the reason for the dreaded "memory plague", too.

-- Graham W

PGM-FI page updated, Graphics TutorialWIMBORNE
WessexDorset UK Astro Society's Web pages, Info, Meeting Dates, Sites & MapsChange 'news' to 'sewn' in my Reply address to avoid my spam filter.

Reply to
Graham W

On or around Fri, 20 Jan 2006 17:59:58 GMT, SpamTrapSeeSig enlightened us thusly:

"Microsoft Windows v. 1.0, 1985 with original packaging"

they'll be lucky.

Mind, they have a Dragon 32 on the list, I happen to have one of them...

Reply to
Austin Shackles