Cruise control on Defender

I'm about to buy a Defender and I'm thinking about installing a VDO cruise control. But one expert said it gives nothing but trouble and the other said it's no problem at all. Who is the best expert? Any opinions? Thanks in advance...

Ruben

Reply to
Ruben Keestra

If it's a newish Td5 I wouldn't be at all surprised if one's already built into the ECU. Only how to access it ???

Peter R.

Reply to
Peter R.

It is probably going to be a new one, so that is newish. If the dealers don't know anything about a pre-installed one, then how can I find out wheter it's there or not? I'm just affraid of paying money for some extra troubles.

Ruben

Reply to
Ruben Keestra

In message , Ruben Keestra writes

Try 0800 110110 which is LR Defender sales or something similar IIRC

Reply to
hugh

I fitted a vacuum driven cruise control sold by Ultimate Design to my Range Rover. 160 ish quid. Works perfectly.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Savage

Cruise is not an option for the Defender TD5 and is not wired for it. even if it was wired it still wouldn't work, as the 1.4 ratio transfer box will put the readings out for the ECUs parameters. I know this as I did have 4.11 ratio diffs (same overall ratio as the 1.4 Transfer box) in my TD5 Disco (along with 235/85x16 MTRs) and the cruise just wouldn't work.

Mark

Reply to
mm

"mm" schreef in bericht news:bua942$r5e$ snipped-for-privacy@thorium.cix.co.uk...