cruise control on TD5 Defender

I want to fit a cruise control on my Defender TD5, 2004, is that possible? Any suggestions? Thanks for any respons

Reply to
robert

Exactly this was covered by Dave Barker on P120 of the March 2006 issue of 'Land Rover enthusiast' magazine

It would seem that all the necessary electronic gubbins are already installed within your Engine Management Unit -- all you need do is buy and fit the necessary switches (which only cost a few pounds/dollars), and make up a small bracket.

I'm thinking of doing it for my Freelander TD4.

GRAEME ALDOUS Yorkshire

Reply to
Teeafit

That certainly applies to a Disco II TD5 (BTDTGTTS) but does it also apply to a *Defender* TD5?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Thanks sofar. All info is very welcome. Maybe there is somebody who allready installed a cruise control on its TD5 Defender, that person is more then welcome to comment..

Thanks, Robert

Reply to
robert

Oops! I read the original post more than once, but STILL read 'Discovery' for 'Defender'! Blame old age -- well, it works for everything else.

Sorry, I don't know if the same applies to Defender. Perhaps someone else can confirm. Ditto for Freelander TD4 before I set out to try it myself.

GRAEME ALDOUS Yorkshire

Reply to
Teeafit

|| Oops! I read the original post more than once, but STILL read || 'Discovery' for 'Defender'! Blame old age -- well, it works for || everything else.

Or rather is DOESN'T work for anything else. IME.

Reply to
Richard Brookman