CV Joints RRC

Is there anyway (without stripping it all down) whether my 1992 ABS Range Rover has 10 or 24 spline CV joints fitted inside the front swivels?

One of them is making a bit of noise on lock, but I don't really want to strip it down, and then have to leave it in bits while I get the part delivered!

Cheers.

Reply to
Simon Atkinson

Jack the side you want to have a look at up a tad to move the axle oil away from it.

Undo the 5 bolts arround the hub driving shaft which goes though the stub axle and into the CV joint.

Remove it (its only about 10 inches long) See how many splines are on the end!!

Its only 5 bolts and a lot easier than taking the whole hub off!!!

Mark.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

If LR have broken with tradition and actually put an axle number on the case, then it would be nice and easy.

Back in the real world, the presence of ABS narrows it down to a choice of one....... TDJ000010 - famous last words........

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

On or around 3 Nov 2004 21:00:39 GMT, "Simon Atkinson" enlightened us thusly:

hunt the axle number, which is on the "long" side of the casing somewhere, although maybe not where the book says. ISTR Paddocks have a "before nnnnn" and "after nnnnn" listing for CV joints.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Thanks for the tip!

Reply to