Defender door bottoms

Just replaced the drivers window regulator on Snowy Kerrrching, the doors are past there best frames have a few cracks and the bottom rails are slowly but surely becoming one with the environment again.

Has any one had any joy in splicing in new channel / box type section on these doors, save me bolting chequre plate all over them for re-enforcement.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

re-enforcement.

Yep, done quite a few of these, easy to do but made from two angles put together as box but slid together to make a box with opposing edges sticking out, one to fold the door skin round after welding, a bit different than series doors which are top hat section with a sloping side. Slip some thin polythene between before you fold over the door skin to stop the corrosion.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Yup, used some bits of an old bed frame that was the right sort of size box section. Doesn't look pretty, but who looks at it?

Gordon

Reply to
gordon

Oily uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Ta chaps,

I've been sent this link - click on the parts section. :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Lee_D uttered summat worrerz funny about:

DOH!!!!

Lee_D

On or around Wed, 15 Nov 2006 13:09:50 -0000, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

bookmarked, ta.

Reply to
Austin Shackles