Defender Doors - Take 2

Does anyone want the doors from my rolled defender? They need a bit of work to get them straightish, but for someone with the right gear, i dont think it will be a big issue...

There are some pics here, fotki.com/marksolesbury/doors

Any offers?

I really *dont* want to put them in a skip.... :(

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Like i said before! - I'll ave em! (better than my crappy series doors!)

It looks like mainly the top section on one that needs straightening and the other one just has a wee bit of rust down at the bottom? Big hammer and a bit of welding/angle strengtheners? or do they need more (im not fussed about external dents)

Have they got no glass in and incomplete handles?

What are they worth?

Reply to
Tom Woods

The both have cards, glass, regulators, one of them has a handle, 2 locks but no barrels. err........ Hinges are blue. They are bits at the mo.

Im glad you replied, as i had honestly forgotten :(

Im in Rushden -

Come and have a look if its not too far..

Dont know what they are worth! Mail me at Msolesbury@fujiIHATESHITTYSPAMITDOESMYNUTINIWONDERIFDOINGTHISACTUALLYWORKS?.co.uk and we can discuss...!

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Msolesbury@fujiIHATESHITTYSPAMITDOESMYNUTINIWONDERIFDOINGTHISACTUALLYWORKS?.co.uk

Can I just mention that that is by far the most amusing spamtrap I've ever seen?

Reply to
Torak

Still about tom?

Drop me a mail if you wanna come have a look.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

soory, bin right busy :(. just sending you an email now.

Reply to
Tom Woods

Thanks Mark!.

Got the drivers side fitted thisafternoon!

I wasnt expecting to get the hinges and the mirror too!. I was happy to find them since i have some hinges in the garden but wasnt looking forward to angle grinding the remains off the bulkhead off them! :)

The right gear for straightening 90 doors would seem to be some wood offcuts to rest it on and then one person to stand on the door and another to stand on the top of the frame and bounce about a bit... it is now a precision fit!

Reply to
Tom Woods

Cheat! - You've been on the factory tour haven't you?

Reply to
William Tasso

Cool

Pity you had to make 2 trips though!

Get some pics of them once they are on!

I want to see how straight you can get them.........

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

I didnt actually mind the 2 trips. The A54 from congleton to buxton is my new favorite drive. That was the maiden voyage of that saab, and being a turbo with fresh suspension it loves that road and it is great fun! :)

I shall probably end up leaving the ripples and small dents in (atleast until i get the lump hammer and fresh paint on the back of my tub). The door top is flush now though.

Reply to
Tom Woods

On or around Mon, 11 Sep 2006 23:20:05 +0100, Tom Woods enlightened us thusly:

yeah, SAABs are well sorted in the handling department. The one we had was a basic single-carb, so not fast as such, but it cornered like it was on rails.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

my turbo one is a tad lowered too and on decent tyres, so its even more fun :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

I made the passenger door fit tonight.

I can tell which way you rolled your 90 Mark!. the passenger side hit the ground first since this one was bent inwards (drivers was bent outwards) and took some serious jumping on to straighten out!

I had to wedge the bottom of the door under the wheel of the landy!

It needs a bit of welding too now as the frame couldnt take the pressure, but its still an improvement over the old door.

Reply to
Tom Woods

Im impressed you got them to fit Tom!!

Get a pic or 3 posted somewhere when you get a sec.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

will do. Theyve still got some slight creases in where i unbent them so i'm going to have a go at beating them out with some hammers tommorrow if i get time. I wouldnt mind a picture of the striker plate fitted on your 90 too if you dont mind. There must be some structural difference between 90 and

88 tubs since i had to make a spacer for the striker (currenly made from MDF!) to make it work on mine.
Reply to
Tom Woods

Fitted!

will be painted when i get round to it.

Not sure about my latch spacer (mdf) but it works!

It took a bit of squishing to deform the door trim enough to make it close on the 2A dash!

In the first picture, check out the shiney reflection off my bulkhead pillar. It doesnt look that impressive but that was slapped on brush painted hammerite until i had a go at polishing it :) Have started on the rest of the landy now. it is almost therapeautic doing 20mins here and there.

Reply to
Tom Woods

On or around Tue, 26 Sep 2006 22:22:14 +0100, Tom Woods enlightened us thusly:

I'll let you off the polishing for having a can of EP90 in the cab.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

My mates keep taking the piss as it is going all mouldy and stained! In the summer of 2000 (or maybe it was 2001) I drove it to weymouth.. and it was graffiti'd with a crayon - and it is still on there - so its about due for a polish!

Reply to
Tom Woods