Prolonging Life of Defender Doors

Evening!

The new doors ive got for my 90 are in quite good shape. They are 1994 (from the sticker inside) and have a rubber strip rivited to the bottom. My 1990 ones didnt have this. I assume its to stop water getting in?

What can i do to my new ones to prevent them rotting at the bottom? Drill more drainage holes in the bottom? Can i put some 'shit' inside the bottoms to help the water run away - Waxoil or something? Ive just had them sprayed, so dont want to have to replace them any time soon.....

Any ideas welcome!

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Mark Solesbury uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Ally usually does it's stuff from the outside in my experience but for internal preservation waxoil will definately be better than shit ;-)

Screw in some nipples and pump it full or drill an orriface and pump it in there... best time of year too the waxoil will be well runny.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

id be tempted to add more drain holes in the bottom to let any water that gets in there out asap.

Reply to
Tom Woods

What an odd question. My 1984 110 has its original doors in good condition apart from the hinges being very nearly worn through. Have those 'new' models built in the late 80's and 90's some quality issues then? ;-)

Huw

Reply to
Huw

Seems to be the situation, if you can't stop the water coming in, you had better find a way to let it out.

Reply to
Larry