Difflock

When I use the transfer box I can get the high and low ratios in locked and unlocked. However in "locked" the light on the dash does not always illuminate.

Any suggestions where to look, what to prod, or what to oil!

I know it's not the bulb, because it will come on occasionally.

My concern is that after putting it into lock, I can never be sure that it has come out again!

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter

Remember that the light will only come on when the lock is actually engaged and that this is not necessarily - in fact rarely - at the the time when the lever is put into the engaged position. A delay in actual engagement is both normal and frequent.

Similarly there may well be a delay in disengagement as the lock will not disengage when under load.

You probably don't have a problem.

We had a thread here on this subject back in January titled "High / Low Ratio / Diff Lock selection / release problem"

Reply to
Dougal