disco 300tdi ashtray light 1994

1994 disco 300tdi ashtray light, any one know if there is meant to be one in it somewhere? cos im stumped.

Cheers

GGJ

Reply to
Gary G Jones

Doubt it - I have switches where it *should* be. Why would you put a light in there?!

Neil

Neil Brownlee

On or around Fri, 27 Feb 2004 15:14:21 +0000 (UTC), "Gary G Jones" enlightened us thusly:

somewhere? cos im stumped.

don't think so.

I did notice the other day while trying to get the clock out that the (dummy) switch panel and the ashtray are interchangeable, side-to-side. Which I thought was clever. 'specially if the switch panel is indeed dummy, as then you have a choice of which side to put the ashtray. I guess drivers who smoke would prefer it on their side, whereas a non-smoking driver can have it the other side for the convenience of fumigating passengers.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Doubt it - I have switches where it *should* be. Why would you put a light in there?!

Might sound a stupid reply but here goes "so i can find it in the dark" GGJ

Reply to
Gary G Jones

in it somewhere? cos im stumped.

Ahh now thats an idea, might have to invest in a second ash tray, as me and the passenger smoke Cheers GGJ

Reply to
Gary G Jones

Cheers

GGJ

Reply to
stephen.oconnell

?lso has to do with accomodating for both LHD and RHD markets with just one unit of center dash panel.

Take care Pantelis

in it somewhere? cos im stumped.

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos
Βut it can be very easily installed as a home made project.

Just find a feed of electricity when the lights are on (how about a feed from the temperature control lights?) and feed power to a LED positioned on the top upper part of the ashtray part that is located in the dashboard. The LED has the advantage of been available in various colours, does not heat up, provides lots of light with minimum power consumption and does not burn as often as a bulb. Just remember to use a resistor if you use a non 12V LED.

Cheers

GGJ

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos