Disco 330Tdi leaking from front

94 3 door Disco leaking into the front passanger footwell - only when it p155es down or going through a car wash any obvious ideas ? or is it a leaky windscreen.

I know the old Landy tale of leaking water in and oil out but I'd like to stop it to save the floor from rotting :-)

cheers in advance.

Also on the note of Veg oil - is it feasible and if it is why does'nt everyone with a DERV run it?

Reply to
StaffBull

Previously it has been suggest blocked or leaky sunroof drains.

Reply to
GbH

Reply to
StaffBull

On or around Mon, 1 Nov 2004 23:10:01 -0000, "StaffBull" enlightened us thusly:

anything can leak...

although a leak in the under-dash area ain't really likely to be the sunroof. Which kind of sunroof, anyway? tilt/slide or simple tilt?

Mine was leaking at the top of the windscreen, silicone sealer under the edge of the rubber surround seems to have fixed that.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

If you remove the plastic trim on the side of the passenger footwell, you may well see the water marks left from the falling water. If this is the case then it is connected to the windscreen.

From memory the leaks are connected to the bonding of the windscreen when it is placed in the vehicle,and usually at the corners. In a worst case it may also be due to rust below the bottom horizontal of the windscreen seal.

Has the windscreen been replaced recently? If so you may have a claim on the installers?.

I would also check the firewall to see if it has a crack in it where the firewall joiner is the the chassis. Have seen these where you can poke a finger through, and they do let a lot of water in.

Cheers

Phillip

Reply to
Phillip Simpson