Con Man Warning

Hi, If anyone out there in Landy Land find Land Rover or Range Rover parts for sale in North Wales please beware. There is a guy just outside Conwy who has about 20 Landys that he sells parts off but the part you buy is never the part you get. He had many bobtails etc. that he buys and sells, quite often buying a good one, taking off all the good parts and fitting F***ED bits and selling the whole vehicle on claiming its still fitted with all the good bits. I found out tonight that he sold a 4.8 V8 engine out of a racer after showing it to the guy running, he swapped it for a seized one on delivering it to the guy and has made off with his £1,500. You will never get any money back off him as normally he will never let you see where he lives and you only get a mobile number for him. He is normally advertising in Quids in and Loot. If you do manage to get anything off him there is also a good chance its stolen anyway, he was caught with a stolen Disco and a Range Rover on his farm at the same time not long ago but got away with it after telling the Police he had 'Bought them not knowing they were stolen'. He is sometimes calling himself DJ 4x4 Spares, if you are at any events in the NW area you will probably find him competing there.

3 years ago he sold me parts for my 90 after stealing one to sell me the parts off (without me knowing the bits were stolen) and then taking a reward off the owner for telling him where the stolen parts where. If you have been had by this guy please drop me a e-mail and I can point you in the direction of where he lives and give you his name should you wish to contact the Police, he is well known by them having served time.
Reply to
Man on a Mission

I know you're pissed off, but this is getting dangerously close to folks' spam threshold, which won't have the effect you want.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Prey tell Steve, as I have just looked in and passing through (perhaps not as the case maybe)!

Has "Man on a Mission" wrote stuff like this before? Not as I look back over the seen threads . . .

"Beware of conman" or the like by the said author.

Also, did you cut at the point of interest and focus (you're pissed off / folks' spam threshold) as all above look OK this end especially if you have a slack ISP in which case the original post was not seen by many (but then you knew that right?)!!

What effect would you have liked Steve (need I ask)?

BTW. I'm hanging around now just for the fun.

Good luck, gARY

Drivin a Disco with mud up the roof! New shoes just got a get muddy?

-- Affordable Wheeling:-

gARY

Yes, on three occasions in the last three weeks. Also on uk.rec.cars.4x4.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

I don't drop in that often, but I've seen it 3 times, also I think on another 4x4 NG

Reply to
Me

Oh, also, if U want to report him, it looks as if he's with BT

Reply to
Me

gARY vaguely muttered something like ...

Yes, at least three times.

On 17th October he posted substantially the same message three times under slightly different headings. Maybe you didn't look far enough.

I agree with Steve, it's becoming / has become SPAM and not doing his case any good at all.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

It might be a good idea to let the paper know where this person advertises. I am sure that they will be interested in what you have to say !!!

Reply to
Stuart Adair

Stuart Adair vaguely muttered something like ...

If it's true .. and so far we only have the words of an apparent f****it suggesting it is. To call oneself 'man on a mission' and then embark on a crusade against someone described in very loose terms seems a bit strange to me, something doesn't 'feel' right.

If it _were_ true, then a 'proper' name and address, phone number, email address etc etc etc would lend some credibility to what moam is proposing. If I had had a smuch trouble as the OP claims I'd certainly post chapter and verse, named and shame, whatever .. but the references are pretty vague.

Seems to me that the OP might have a thre year old grudge 'cos he apparently got stung for stolen parts. Methinks there's a lot more to this crusade than there seems.

IMHO, of course .. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Like a law suit for example.

Reply to
Hirsty's

Paul raises a good point - But then maybe Paul is the person in Wales concerned....

Go on then "Man on a Mission" - Lets have the name, address and details of the person in Wales !!

Stu

Reply to
Stuart Adair

No, I think your spot on - Man on a mission, put your money where your mouth is and give us the details of this dealer in Wales.

Reply to
Stuart Adair

Stuart Adair vaguely muttered something like ...

Nope .. I live in Doncaster .. though obviously you only have my word for that. I've said it before so if anyone cares enough to google for it, it's there somewhere .. I can't be arsed ... ;)

I doubt moam actually reads afl .. he's just a spammer / troublemaker / troll / f****it ..

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Martin Edwards vaguely muttered something like ...

Nah.

Plausible, but would _anyone_ go to so much trouble ?

Actually I have absolutely no sympathy for anyone who acts even remotely like moam says this 'parts dealer' acts. In fact I'd probably be in-line to condemn him if I knew it to be true, but I don't, so I won't .. ;)

Yup, thick, brown manure .. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

there is always the possibility that they are one and the same..........

he makes us hate man on a mission and so develop sympathy for the poor picked on parts dealer..........

or am i talking as much manure as man on a mission?

;o)

Reply to
Martin Edwards

Martin Edwards vaguely muttered something like ...

Ours matures ...

Heheheh

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Brown and thick? that'll be pig then, Cattle is much runnier and has a definite greenish tinge.....

But then any REAL landy owner would know that!!!

Reply to
Martin Edwards