Disco dash

Hi all,

Was wondering has anybody found a cure for the delamination of disco dash's?

Besides replacement. . . From what I heard, it costs an arm and half a leg.

Blue skies

Reply to
Paddy

Define "delamination"?

The only problems with Discovery dashboards I've come across are:

(a) discolouration of 200Tdi models, notably of the Sonar Blue variety;

(b) warping of 300Tdi varieties, up to around 1997 MY and later.

If it's (b), there's a couple of easy fixes available - new glue that doesn't melt in the sunlight and the placing of a concrete block into the passenger side cutout providing the vehicle does not have a passenger airbag.

If it's (a), things are a bit more expensive, as replacement is often the answer. The steering wheels are the worst, and the problem being they didn't make that many spares, so they are becoming like gold dust!

Reply to
Llandrovers!

On or around Mon, 18 Aug 2003 19:59:14 +0000 (UTC), "Andrew Mawson" enlightened us thusly:

hmmm. wonder if it's worth having a word with the nice people at J.V.Like, where we got ours. '95 model, dash as per, peeled up from the back (i.e. the side nearest the windscreen. dunno if that's what you'd technically call delaminating, 's more just the plastic top surface warps in the sunlight, the glue ain't up to holding it down. 'tis a fact that I have to go up there and get am intake hose someday soon...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

The other option is to have an unfortunate accident with the windscreen, and reglue it while the insurance boys are putting the new screen in...

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs