disco front lights

Will the new style xzenon headlamps fit a 94 disco ?

also how much are tyres for them ?

cheers

Reply to
StaffBull

As in the '03 Disco headlights similar to the new RR? No. Not without lots of cutting and modding anyway. You can fit DII headlamps to a 94 Disco IF it is a facelifted version (300Tdi i.e. radio is in the top of the dash - if the radio is in front of the hi/low gearstick you can't really do much about the headlights)

Any tyres in particular? Mud/All Terrain/Road Tyres - new/remould etc. etc. Generally in the region of 50 to silly money a corner if you shop around.

All the best

Chris

Reply to
Chris Ward

Hi !!!!

I did not know you could get tyres to fit Xzenon headlamps

Reply to
RADIOTWO

It's a new craze, havent you heard !!! LOL

Reply to
StaffBull

Don't Simmonites 4x4 do a conversion kit? You could have a look at their website

but their account seems to be on hold when I visit! :)

I've just bought some 255x65x16 Hankooks for a friends Discovery for £42 each which are excellent and a set of 235x70x16 Pirelli Scorpion ST's for my own at £60 each, but they are usually a bit more than this as I get them at cost.

Reply to
Exit

On or around Wed, 07 Jan 2004 00:15:48 GMT, "Exit" enlightened us thusly:

Sister's BF runs Scorpion ST on his rangie, reckons they're good.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Hope so, they are going on tomorrow - see how they compare to the GT4's! :)

I'm quite keen to see how my mates 300TDi drives on those honking great Hankooks as it will be going straight from 205's to 255's!

Reply to
Exit

I found both the ST and AT Scorpions brilliant on tarmac ... but not too good on the muddy stuff :-))

Regards Steve G

Reply to
SteveG

On or around Wed, 07 Jan 2004 22:58:41 GMT, SteveG enlightened us thusly:

SBF reckons he's yet to get stuck, as such, round the farm on them, mind.

I did once fail to proceed on the ATs I had, but it was super-slippery mud and I did have a trailer on. Mind, didn't get stuck, either, as I was able to reverse.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Owned Scorpion ST's. Too soft! Thread wore out in just over 18 months. Replaced them with Cooper Discovery's. Harder tire and firmer ride. Excellent in snow and mud.

For what its worth.

JohnMc

Reply to
John McInnis

Question is: how many miles did you do in those 18 months? Time (in itself) is irrelevant to the longevity of tyres.

I do agree that the Pirelli tyres are soft. I ran my AT's at well over the recommended pressures and they lasted for about 65,000 miles. Dunno about the ST's though as they were 1/2 worn when I bought the Discovery and have now been replaced by BFG AT's.

Regards Steve G

Reply to
SteveG

|| || Question is: how many miles did you do in those 18 months? Time (in || itself) is irrelevant to the longevity of tyres. ||

Up to a point, Lord Copper ;-) Caravan Club and various trailer manufacturers reckon that tyre life is about 5 years whether used or not, as the sidewalls will eventually break down and start to crack due to sunlight etc. This is irrelevant to most vehicles as they wear out quicker than they deteriorate. But your point is a good one.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

On or around Sun, 11 Jan 2004 00:05:30 GMT, SteveG enlightened us thusly:

The flip side of the softness is, IME, serious grip on the road in the wet, never had any trouble in that respect, with the Scorpion ATs I had.

lasted about 20,000 miles as I recall it. Which is not enough, bearing in mind the price - the set I had were cheap as they were part of a deal with a set of wheels.

Mind, the Nankangs, which replaced 'em, are also wearing fairly fast but at least they're cheap.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

The consideration is type of use. For lots of gravel track and rough driving I'd stick with cheaper rubber, 'cos you'll puncture a few before they actually wear out.

For road use the BFG Long Trails on the Disco are not yet half worn, with 40K on them.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

On or around Sun, 11 Jan 2004 11:47:48 +0000, Tim Hobbs enlightened us thusly:

yeah, I was looking at them on the web a few days ago. don't look much use offroad though, but then again, I was also contemplating the spare set of LWB 16" rims and the pissabolity of a set of MT remoulds for playing-in-the-mud purposes... Having said that, I'd need something reaonable for the normal use 'round here, which involves taking to the verges etc. every now and then, same verges being muddy in many cases. Nothin more embarrasing than getting a LR stuck on the verge.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

They do surprisingly well. I had some trouble in some VERY thick mud when I first got them - they don't have substantial side lugs, but they are much better than the XPC's that came off (although well worn admittedly). For 80% road use they are very good - didn't notice any worse road manners than the XPC's, but definitely better off-road.

I wouldn't expect a problem with verges particularly.

For 50/50 the BFG Trac Edge is the dogs thingies - more aggressive than an AT but much better road manners than a full-blown MT. I'll be putting a set on Ernie shortly (when I can get the buggers out of the garage, which is an expedition in itself).

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

On or around Sun, 11 Jan 2004 19:02:37 +0000, Tim Hobbs enlightened us thusly:

I thought they'd given up making those, though?

looks quite useful mind. There are many more BFGs on BFGs site than on some other sites...

mind, how about

for 101s?

only comes in sod-off sizes... 35x13.5R15 or 37x12.5R17.

Reply to
Austin Shackles