Mig weld seat ??

110 Tdi 1998, front seat rear at point where it rotates at base. Two small ( 1cm) pieces if flat steel seem to hold the seat back down onto the lower seat frame. Mine has come adrift. Is it possible to Mig weld it if I take the seat out, or is the metal too thin to take a weld like this.

If not what options do I have replacing the seat. The only thing I have seen is exmoor that seem to do replacement materials and sqabs ??

-- ".............. outside of a dog reading is mans next best friend, inside a dog it's too dark ......... "

Reply to
Hirsty's

it could be welded ok . need to get some wet rags and place around area to be welded.

its a good idea to wet the seat area down that youre going to weld by . make sure the whole seat is covered in wet rag , spatter from welding goes a few feet.

keep water by so you can splash it on to weld immediately after welding .

best to put a series of tackwelds rather than try to run one continuous weld .

Reply to
M0bcg