Discovery 200 Front Lights

Hi

My Discovery 200 1990 Front Lights Stay On All The Time When Switched Off At Light Switch

Any Info Please

Regards

Jb

Reply to
Beemeruk

Sounds like a bad relay. Find and pull the relay...if the lights go off then you need to simply replace the unit. Barring that the switch is not fused.

Reply to
Jack Kerouac

Where Do I Find Relays as I Cant Find Any

200 Series 1990 Discovery Regards

Jc

Reply to
Beemeruk

I wouldn't be surprised if Halfords still do some

Nick

Reply to
Nicknelsonleeds

There aren't any! The feed to the lights on 200 Disco's is straight through the steering column stalk to the lights. Its most likely that the internal gubbins of the stalk have gone south

- easiest thing to do is replace this.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Ward

On or around 8 Sep 2004 05:09:09 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk (Chris Ward) enlightened us thusly:

are on mine, although I'm fairly sure they're non-standard. There appear to be 4 relays, one each for dip and main and one each for fog and driving lamps, plus an additional 2 under the bonnet 1 each for fog and driving lamps. had a nasty moment when the lights didn't come on at all after I put the dash all back in, but it was just that I'd not connected an earth wire from the relays behind the fuse panel.

I've seen one of those switches fail by one of the wires coming unsoldered. There are 3 wires which come from the lamp switch in the stalk and are soldered to terminals on the switch block. They all need to be soldered on for the lights to work correctly...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

What Being the stalk

Regards