Discovery 3

Good article in this weeks "Autocar" on the new Disco 3 includes official pictures of the inside as well as the exterior.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

Twas Tue, 6 Apr 2004 14:04:50 +0100 when "Bob Hobden" put finger to keyboard producing:

Good article in LRO also

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk
110 CSW 2.5(na)D___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Pity it looks like a Ford Transit Connect Volvo Galaxy Raro really.

Neil

Good article in LRO also

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk
110 CSW 2.5(na)D___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Twas Tue, 6 Apr 2004 14:16:17 +0000 (UTC) when "Neil Brownlee" put finger to keyboard producing:

looks more like a big freelander to me

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk
110 CSW 2.5(na)D___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Mr.Nice. at snipped-for-privacy@-nospam-clara.co.uk wrote on 6/4/04 2:59 pm:

You would have thought they could have shown the inside of it and a proper view of the rear end though. Looks like a Range Rover with a box stuck on the back.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

Both shown in detail in the Autocar article. Also details of the new LandRover Terrain Response system where you dial in what sort of terrain you are travelling over, a choice of 5, and the computer takes over and sets ride height, diff lock, high/low ratio for the conditions. Wonder if it can be done manually? Nice cutaway showing the 7 seats. Central dash look like a cheap Japanese Hi-fi, you know the sort, the more knobs and switches the better it is (of course in reality the reverse is true) looks disappointing after the RR effort but might be better in the flesh. Spare wheel can be seen uncovered under the rear of the vehicle like a cheap Pug, who would want to touch that on a wet muddy night when dressed up?

6-speed auto only for the V8 Petrol but 6 speed manual available on the V6 Diesel. Multi-function screen in top of central dash for sat-nav and 4x4 software. etc etc. £29k to £47k. are the important figures
Reply to
Bob Hobden

Or, more to the point, how the hell do get at the spare wheel when your vehicle is sitting in deep muck and mud? I've recently returned after 6 months of driving Toyota 4Runners (yuck, spit! - wash my mouth out) around Sierra Leone - that problem cropped up several times and is no joke.

Reply to
Stuart Nuttall

But it's fair to say that everybody hates new models when they first come out. When the P38 came out people thought it looked like a Metrocab. But now it looks quite good stood next to a Classic. When the L322 arrived, people thought it was big and ugly, but now most people seem to quite like it.

Personally, I think the new Disco looks great.

David

Reply to
David French

what's an L322 model?

richard

Reply to
Richard

New Range Rover.

David

Reply to
David French

On or around Tue, 6 Apr 2004 21:18:26 +0100, "David French" enlightened us thusly:

which for my money is better looking than the P38. I thought the P38 was bland in the extreme and i still do. I'd rather have a late classic. But the new one I do rather fancy, if I win the lottery, that is.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

half agree, I think the P38 looks good and makes the classic look dated but the new one after the initial strangeness wears off looks really good. I agree you have to win the lottery to buy one tho' lottery not winner richard 94 V8 90

Reply to
Richard

Fyshe ;-)

Neil

Neil Brownlee

Can't make up my mind if I like this new Discovery or not. Look ok from the front but from the back it looks like a bus to me!!.

Any ideas as to what engine options are going to offered?. Only curious as the 2 test vehicles which I see virtually everyday seem to sound different to me. They both sound like a V8's, but the one has a definate 'whistle' to it ie sounds like a supercharger. Oh and it is also towing a bloody great trailer as well.

Dom J

Reply to
Dom J

Fyshe? wots Fyshe?

Reply to
Richard

On or around Wed, 07 Apr 2004 18:32:27 +0100, Richard enlightened us thusly:

goes with the chyppes.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

According to Autocar:

Initial options:

Petrol:

4.4 version of Jaguar V8 4.0 Ford Explorer V6 (for some export markets but not UK)

Diesel:

2.7 V6 Ford / Peugeot joint design.

Gearboxes: 6-speed auto or 6-speed manual

All independent suspension, air on most models. Limited slip rear and centre diffs.

I like the look of the new Disco a lot, though I'm not sure about the stepped roofline. Good to see the spare wheel hidden away at last, though that might make it less accessible. The style has overtones of "late 70's Fiat" but I think it works nonetheless.

Now I know what my next car but one, in 4-5 years, will be!!

cheers, Rick

Reply to
Prof Rollerball