Discovery Indicators

My new (to me!) 1990 Discovery has indicator lights that work perfectly, but the green warning lamp on the dash doesn't flash. I can't really hear the ticking of the relay above the racket of the Diesel engine so would like to get it working.

I've had the dash out and confirmed that the bulb is OK. Next I've checked continuity of the wire from the dash down to the output from the relay and that's fine too. With my AVO I confirmed that the relay is not producing any output for the warning light, so I'm guessing that I need a new flasher relay?

BTW I've used Land Rover Supermarket (near Liverpool Airport) for some propshaft UJ's, are they the best company to use for this sort of thing? I live close by in Warrington.

Thanks in advance

Julian.

Reply to
Julian

well I cant comment on the relay bit as i'm not a sparks, but I can say that our very own "Beamends" is a star when it comes to parts

Si

Reply to
GrnOval

Hi Juilan,

You say you have tried the warning lamp ! how did you test it? and to check the output from the relay, get a small wattage lamp and connect one end to earth and the other to LGK (Light Green Pink) wire and see if it lights up, you should also get the trailor warning lamp to flash once (without tralor).

also does you hazard's work ok?

Steve

Reply to
METWO

I've gone one better now, I've just jumpered a live feed from the battery + post to the wire LGK (at the relay) the leads to the warning lamp and it illuminates fine.

Yes the hazards work fine, and also the trailer warning lamp gives one blink.

Julian.

Reply to
Julian