Discovery roof - removing bird poo marks

I am trying to clean my series 2 disco, and can't get the bird poo marks off the roof, the paint appears pock marked. I have tried T cut and Mer to no avail. Can anyone suggest a way of getting the paintwork back?

Reply to
Ian

Supaguard seems to do the trick, once applied all dirt quite literally just falls off the vehicle with plain water through a jetwash! Tried and tested!

Reply to
Llandrovers!

Bird poo eats into the paint work so a respray will probably be needed

Reply to
jOn........

Correct, all vehicle paints are now water based.

Clive

Reply to
Clive

Bitter experience with two previous cars leads me to agree. Nothing works, 'cos the paint is simply dissolved away. You need to respray the panel (or learn to live with it).

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

FYI Seagull poo is the worst type there is! Get it washed off immediately!!

Reply to
G. Fowler