DIY number plates (UK)

On or around Mon, 05 Jan 2004 22:09:27 GMT, Keith enlightened us thusly:

in theory (though I suspect this is changing) you can dispute the facts of the case, if there are suitable grounds for such dispute though. Obviously, in a parking fine case, your vehicle was either parked or it wasn't.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

The appeal against facts does *not* take place in a court. It has to be done through a separate appeal procedure before an adjudicator in advance of court proceedings and the decision is final.

It depends on whose word is taken. I received a ticket for my Disco which was issued *after* I left a valid parking space. No evidence was presented but it was my word against theirs and I had to pay.

The issue might be whether the vehicle is parked illegally or not. My bike has twice received tickets when parked on private land adjacent to the pavement. The first was cancelled, the second appeal is still pending (after six months!).

-- Keith (London, UK) Land Rover Discovery 300TDI

Reply to
Keith

... also a popular trick in the motorcycling community was "accidentally" having a plate with two digits reversed in order to cheat speed cameras.

Cheers

Blippie

-- Visit the alt.aviation.safety FAQ online at

Blippie

At the end of the day, as long as the plates are correct, there will be no comeback, will there?!

Cheers

Blippie

-- Visit the alt.aviation.safety FAQ online at

Blippie

I think the idea was to stop people buying plates for stolen cars

Andy

Reply to
Andy.Smalley

If I did that, a certain 'other' regular hereabouts would be coming over from Eire to give me a good talking to I should think...

By the way Malcolm, sorry about the speeder in Cambridge a few weeks ago... ;-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

No probs for the 2 weeks I had the thing: so I didn't care! Anyway, have had my nice new shiny trailer built and that came with all the right bits - legally.

Reply to
pl.white