Don't get carried away bidding on Ebay

I've just noticed item 2456489455 on Ebay - at present the current bid is £7.26 plus £1.24 p&p. The same item (90/110 switch panel MTC2640) is 91p from John Craddock! I bought one from the local main dealer a few weeks ago and it was less than a pound.

Always check out the dealer price before bidding!

Reply to
Andy Fox

"Andy Fox" wrote in news:401eee53$1 snipped-for-privacy@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com:

And do a search on "Completed Items" (Advanced Search in Ebay) and a Google! I felt so guilty when someone bought one of my items for 50% over retail, I sent extra -- but don't count on it!

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

I bought a very nice camera recently, but people seem to have noticed the plummet in the dollar, and non-US sellers using dollars have put their starting bids up now.

Reply to
David G. Bell

I'm always amazed at the prices paid on there. Military recon power steering box for £220 plus p+p no guarantee, you can buy them new from Adwest for less than that. Another one I tracked was a radio housing, £9.99 from dealer, £13.50 on ebay. Crazy,

Have had the ocaissional bargain, full military tilt new in wrapper for a 110 for £77 being one.

Sean

73FL74 101gs 1984 110 2.5d Medway Military Vehicle Group
Sean Ryan

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Sean Ryan) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

If you are into stalking/shooting (and even if you aren't), the mossy oak coveralls are a real snip and very warm.

These retail at >£100 in the UK. I got a brand new set for £30 plus £6 postage from Ebay and I think they may still be available at around that price.

Memory sticks for digital cameras are about half street prices.

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

If you see one for a 101GS, could you let me know Sean ? Cheers Steve

Reply to
Steve

No probs,I'll send you a pm if I sere or hear of anything but don't hold your breath!

Sean

Reply to
Sean Ryan