selling on ebay

HI,

My SIII is up for sale at the minute (gonna get myself a V8 Rangie!! :-D ). I've have a bit of interest from the side of the road where I parked it with a sign, but it's not shifted yet. I was thinking of putting it on eBay. I've sold stuff before on ebay but not a car. What are the costs like (assuming I get about a grand for my SIII) and does anyone have any tips for ebaying your Landie? Oh, and if anyone's interested in buying it, reply to me and I'll send pics and info.

Thanks, Paul

--------------

1976 SIII 2.25 Petrol SWB
Reply to
Pacman

costs like (assuming I

I have sold 2 on eBay with no problems at all. It's a fixed fee too.

Go for it but make sure you take big clear photos of the whole car & do a very detailed description

-- Subaru WRX (Annabel)

Landrover 110 County Station Wagon (Tyson)

'"They called him Jimmy the gent"

Reply to
Nige

so Pacman was, like...

How about -

Worth a shot! :-)

I agree with Nige's comments about photos and description. You can't seriously expect someone to part with serious money without seeing the car unless you have given all the information they could possibly need. Don't make the mistake I did. I forgot to take photos of the clean interior, and of course you can't add photos after the listing has started. I am now mailing photos out to individuals on request, and I could think of better ways of spending the evening.

It amazes me, the number of people who put up a decent car on eBay and then give a crappy photo and a description like "good car, low mileage, drives well". Or sometimes "gOod car lo,milge draives, wel"

Reply to
Richard Brookman

panto mode:

Oh yes you can!

Reply to
Colonel Tupperware

so Colonel Tupperware was, like...

OK Colonel, let me in on the secret! I must have spent half an hour looking for an "add pictures" link on the "edit listing" page.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

I've sold two Landies on eBay without any real problem. As has already been suggested; good piccies, good description be honest but "sell the sizzle" - tell 'em why they should buy yours.

Oh yeah, don't set an unrealistic starting bid or reserve. Check out the ones that do - they don't sell even if the motor's a good 'un. If you think the cars a good buy have the confidence to make the auction a no reserve one with (say) a £10 starting bid. You can always reserve the right to stop the auction early and pull the plug if you don't think you'll get a decent figure BUT be warned, my old S2a went up more than £200 in the last 2 minutes!

Happy selling :-)

Regards

Steve G

Pacman wrote:

Reply to
SteveG

You can't add pictures once bidding has started, I think

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Found it! From ebay's rules: Q. Can I add, edit or delete pictures in the listing after it is submitted? A. If your listing has received no bids or purchases and does not end within the next 12 hours you can edit or delete its pictures

TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

So to modify the pics you'd have to cancel all the bids

You can add comments, IIRC, so include a link to a webspace with more pics.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

so Alex was, like...

Right, that's what I thought. I added a comment instead. Thanks for that.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

in article 427f7852$ snipped-for-privacy@news.yourcomms.net, Pacman at p_a snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote on 9/5/05 3:54 pm:

How old a Range Rover are you looking for, or have you got one in mind? We've got a V8 Rangie for sale. 1985 "C"reg. Some pics on here.

Nikki

Riff raff not allowed into that URL Nikki - it's for the owner only.

I reckon us plebs need

Tim Hobbs

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Tim Hobbs at snipped-for-privacy@101ambulance-urine.net wrote on 12/5/05 7:38 am:

Sorry - didn't realise!

Reply to
Nikki

your rangie caught my eye when you mentioned it the other day, but the wife is insisting on something around 10 years old, rangie or disco. hey ho.

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP

i sold my volvo T5 and bought my current P38 rangey on ebay. as long as you actually check the history, and speak to the person, and prob a good idea you view b4 placing a bid. no prob at all. just like buying from exchange & mart, with a fixed price.

btw the guy who bought my volvo came from bristol, and brought the £3k stuffed in his socks!! :P

Reply to
Bigstoo

He must have had mighily big shoes or fat-looking ankles...

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP