Eastenders...

Their van won't fire (but is turning over fine with no battery problems...)

... so they decide to push-start it...

... and it starts within five yards at slow walking pace.

I'm no mechanic, but what a load of...

Reply to
David French

problems...)

...crap

Just like the rest of the programme :-)

Reply to
Fergus Kendall

problems...)

I guess Phil must have unbolted the flywheel...

Lee D

-- ________________________________

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

The good thing is I have no TV and therefore have no idea what you are talking about.........self righteous smug grin!

Reply to
pl.white

I have several , and still don't know what I'm talking about so I don't think TV's are the link ;-)

Lee D

-- ________________________________

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

I think you may find that was because there was no engine in the van(Dastardly Mitchell Clan) and someone was towing it with a Warn winch just out of shot. The sound you mistook for the sound of an engine starting was probably just the sound of the winch protesting at being put to such a banal use. Cheers, John

Reply to
John Stokes

Can't believe people watch such rubbish. Surprised it didn't send you to sleep!

Reply to
Nikki

I wasn't watching it, just channel hopping, honest!

Reply to
David French

You aren't missing a thing.

Reply to
Nikki

problems...)

it's like kevin? in coronation street when ever he was at work he had black hands finishing in a straight line around his wrists I've been doing this job for nearly 20 year and I never managed that

Andy

Reply to
Andy.Smalley

I think he must put his latex gloves on just before he washes his hands....

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

On or around Tue, 30 Dec 2003 19:49:31 -0000, "David French" enlightened us thusly:

I've had one like that. cranking on the starter lowers the ignition voltage to the point that you don't get sparks. eventually reckoned to be a high-resistance path in the ignition switch, was cured by fitting a relay.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I usually don't have a clue about most things to be truthful.

Reply to
pl.white

problems...)

That's nothing, there was a one off drama a few years back where a bunch of people got stuck in a tunnel on a crashed train with some kind of 'time standing still device', and when they eventually emerged 20-30 YEARS later they go round to the one of the passengers lock up garage where he has stored his ford transit van - and he gets in and it starts first time!!! If I leave my landy without starting for more than about 2 months the batteries are as flat as a pancake...

Reply to
Joe

"The Train", IIRC.

ITYF it was a Merc Sprinter, which explains it all really :-)

Maybe he had one of those solar panel trickle chargers on the dashboard :-))

Reply to
QrizB

On or around Wed, 31 Dec 2003 22:47:00 GMT, "Joe" enlightened us thusly:

arbut, it wasn't a tranny, it was a merc. Prolly better quality batteries. I didn't think ti was supposed to be as long at 20-30 years though.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Bruce just nicks one off one of the Land Rovers when he starts our Merc van. Its been started 5 times since it retired to rust in 1998 - each time its started up the first time. Its a mobile shed and can occassionally be found round the back of the house, but is quietly going green and falling to bits outside the living room window.

Reply to
Nikki

No, you're all wrong, I remember that programme and it was about Virgin Rail's delays on the West Coast line, hence the time it took them to get there!

Reply to
John Stokes