engine hoist

Not that I really need one , I have an ancient one in the garage to bump my head on and I think my dads old one is still round in my mums lockup but for the money ?? see page 4 on 17th Jan

Derek

Reply to
Derek

oops 19th Jan I mean damn this Welsh Cheese Baaa

Reply to
Derek

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 20:36:26 GMT, "Derek" scribbled the following nonsense:

that is cheap...... and 250kg lifting capacity......

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Yes, but would you really want to be anywhere near it ? I assume it comes with a safety certificate ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Don't knock Netto as a cheapo chav outlet. A lot of their stuph is purchased jointly with Aldi - and in so much bulk that quality products can often be offered far cheaper than the 'big name' stores.

I particularly like their flour, actually. 19p (ok, was in 1998 - I remember cos I made shiteloads of bread that year), which is better than, or 'was' better than what Tesco were selling for over 6 times the price.

Can't remember any good deals on Welsh cheese, but you never know...

Reply to
Mother

It also says on the page (if you look closely) "Lifting weight

125-250kg" Which means at full reach (ie with the drum nearly empty) it'll only lift 125kg, not 250kg. Which is not a lot really.

Anybody know how much a 2.25 engine weighs?

It's only £39.99 for a reason. Personally i'd much rather use the ancient old Wickham engine crane i've got.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Isn't it 250 if you double the cable over ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve

There could be several sound reasons for that omission :)

Reply to
William Tasso

er don't you mean the other way round the fuller the drum is, the lower the mechanical advantage? Derek

Reply to
Derek

On or around Tue, 17 Jan 2006 22:28:53 +0000, Alex enlightened us thusly:

probably more than 250Kg, especially if you pull the gearbox with it.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Found it! 204kg for the 2.25 and 144kgs for the 3.5V8 handy page it gives output and torque as well which seem to come up now and again

and as Austin says a sight more if you don't split the box off. Not a bad website either for other Landy related data and some good photosDerek

Reply to
Derek

I'd also be concerned about how gently it takes up the load, and how much control you have lowering it if I wanted to use it for engines. Assuming its two loads, heights, and speeds are because it uses a snatch block, it still claims to lift 250kg at 5m/min, or over 3 inches per second. I foresee some very buggered radiators, twanged speedo cables, and squashed fingers if that's its minimum. I lift and lower engines _very_ slowly.

Reply to
Autolycus