Batteries

Can anyone recommend somewhere where I can get reasonably priced battery (coventry area)? Haven't been to Halfrauds to see what they've got...what about tyre places? Are they reasonable or extortionate?

Reply to
Pacman

Only other place I know is Elliots on the gulson road.

Reply to
Larry

On or around Tue, 17 Jan 2006 21:48:22 -0000, "Pacman" enlightened us thusly:

what for?

Head into the countryside and find an agricultural merchant...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

ah yes...would help!

For my Rangie.

Paul

Reply to
Pacman

A small local one which you build up a good relationship with by buying your tires there as well should be far more competitive than Halfords or the like. I'd expect my local to have a suitable replacement RR battery for forty five quid and it would have a "life of the vehicle" warranty.

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
willie

On or around Wed, 18 Jan 2006 06:43:49 -0000, "Pacman" enlightened us thusly:

ah. dunno what will fit on rangies, offhand. If the small commercial (643 or 644) will fit, then one of them sold as a tractor battery is a good bet.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Paul,

Theres a place out in Bell Green, that did reasonable priced batteries. I haven't been out that way for a while though.

As you drive into bell green off the top of the Stoney Stanton road, you eventually get to a T junction of sorts with the Bell Green Rd? and its just on the corner there on the right hand side opposite all of the shops under the tower block flats. Be careful where you park and be sure to lock you car!

Other wise try wolston 4x4 just outside of town, past Binley. Or Elliots as Larry said on the corner of Gulson Rd and London Rd. Oscotts are supposed to be cheap but it is trade only not retail.

Regards,

Mark

Reply to
Mark

Paul New Tyres 2 You Curriers Close Charter Avenue Industrial Estate

got a 850 cca 80 amphour battery for my stage 1 for 58 quid !

i tryed all the places theat everone has posted and the were the best , bent over backwards to get it for me and even deliverd it to my works !

highley recommended !

paul

Mark wrote:

Reply to