Errr, Landy Hub Caps....

( FX: Looks embarassed )

A colleague of mine at work has a Disco I with steel wheels and asked if I knew of anywhere he could get hub caps to cover the "ugly" wheels.

I explained to him in words of one syllable ( well, he is a hospital consultant....) that LR's don't have hub caps, it's just not the done thing. And anyway they would probably fall off when off road. I could see that one hit home as I guess the nearest his Disco ever comes to "off-road" is the hospital car park.

Please guys, just confirm I said the right thing.

You don't supply them Richard do you, please tell me you don't......

TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

You said the right thing. But I do have a rather fetching set of stainless steel lorry hubcaps to fit 16" rims (that are never going to go anywhere near a LR product).

Reply to
EMB

Cartainly don't! But I can get those fetching ones with a rotating "windmill" inside if your mate has a part-time job delivering curries ;-)

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

On or around Fri, 18 Aug 2006 09:37:26 +0100, beamendsltd enlightened us thusly:

I like the ones that stay "right way up", so you can put adverts on 'em.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

But some Series 1s could have them, was it the"parade" pretty ones? Maybe an optional extra for the Tickford? I know I had some SWB rims once that had the "bobbles" on them for hub caps to clip over.

Gordon

Reply to
gordon

I have seen LRs with hub caps featuring the Rover ship in the centre. I think they might have been from a Freight Rover minibus?

Stuart

Reply to
Srtgray

Get some of those "spinner" types, they're groovy!

Dave

Reply to
Dave R

On or around Fri, 18 Aug 2006 17:19:54 +0200, Srtgray enlightened us thusly:

sherpas are on 14" wheels, though.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Only ones I have seen with hubcaps are "Royal Review" specials, but I would not be surprised if they were an option on the Tickford, perhaps even standard, although the pictures I can find do not have hubcaps. JD

Reply to
JD