European recovery insurance for older vehicles.

My 110 is now coming up to its twentieth birthday and has over 220,000 miles on the clock.

Despite explaining to the RAC that it was rebuilt ten years ago and that it had actually only done about 100,000 since a complete chassis up rebuild using a 300TDI and Discovery running gear, they wouldn't cover me in France and I took a chance.

Does anyone know of a company which will provide recovery insurance on mainland Europe for older vehicles without charging the price of the vehicle for doing do? Cheers, John

Reply to
John Stokes

I use these guys, but I'm not sure about the age of the vehicle as I get the cover through my insurance policy. They certainly didn't have a problem with recovering my knackered 1988 Transit in France!

If my insurance didn't offer the cover cheap, I would certainly use them privately. They were excellent, even arranged for a (free) taxi to take me 30km to the garage once the van had been fixed.

Matt.

John Stokes wrote:

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

I bought my last batch of car insurances through heritage and all the policies come with european breakdown recovery. I didnt buy them for this but because they were the cheapest and nicest to deal with!

Not that I could get that far into europe to use on on my limited mileage policy!

Reply to
Tom Woods

220,000 miles

John the 'classic' insurance that I have on my 1965 Austin Healey 3000 arranged by Norton Insurance (0870-990-6090) and my 1952 Sunbeam S8 motorcycle arranged by Carole Nash (0800-298-5500) both include european resue and recovery as part of the standard deal.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Thanks for the replies, but I do about 20,000 miles a year, so the classic insurance route doesn't work for me. I did try Euro assistance last time I went to France, but I can't remember whether they wannted mega-bicks, of just wouldn't cover me. Cheers, John

Reply to
John Stokes