Extending the breathers

All,

I just ordered a snorkel for my TD5 110 and am now thinking about extending the breathers (will probably be a DIY job). The front ones are rather obvious, at least as to where to run the pipes (along the snorkel ;-). The rear ones are more of a problem. The "obvious" solution would be to run them inside the cab but I was wondering if that was not creating noise (maybe) or smells (probably, at least from the diesel tank).

Anybody would like to comment?

Cheers,

Fred

Reply to
Fred Labrosse

I hate that... Should have googled first. Found loads of articles on that, some mentioning smells, some saying no smell. Anyway, I also found that many people actually bring them forward and join them to the front breathers. That sounds reasonable.

I did see *one* post that said that the fuel tank has a one-way breather and does not need to be extended. Has someone got confirmation of that?

Cheers,

Fred

Reply to
Fred Labrosse