feckin' tealeaves

some sod's arf-inched me trolley jack. serves me right for leaving it out on the yard, I spose.

good excuse for getting a new one, I suppose - I quite fancy one of those ones that rapid-lift 'til they contact.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Austin Shackles wibbled :

Badgers? foxes? moles?

Reply to
GbH

Trolley Jack Liberation Front?

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

On or around Wed, 07 Mar 2007 15:48:26 +0000, beamendsltd enlightened us thusly:

I have my suspicions. Someone I don't especially trust (who visits 'er in t' flat, so difficult to say "piss off") apparently knew it was missing. Could simply be that he noticed... 's quite recent though, I used it meself not much over a week ago.

ordered a long-tall one from chamine mart; I've had me eye on one of them for a while, but couldn't really justify the expense all the time I had a decent-ish one.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

don't you mean The Peoples Front for the Liberation of Trolley Jacks? (bastuedies) Derek

Reply to
Derek

Them? Splitters!

Reply to
Rich B

Well who ever it was he's a very naughty boy.

Reply to
Lee_D

Oy, leave Badgers out of this! I was in Scotland and I can prove it! ;-) Badger.

Reply to
Badger

In message , Derek writes

Not the Popular People's Front?

Reply to
AJG

Did they ever win 'Freedom for Tooting'?

Reply to
Duracell Bunny

Not that I know of, but delcaring it a nuclear free zone has worked a treat - not a single nuclear weapon has been detonated there since!

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

It has always amused me that Manchester (UK) declares itself to be a nuclear free city just past the University where Rutherford first split the atom. University legend has it that parts of the main building are still "hot".

Lizzy Taylor

And his birthplace is nuclear free but celebrates his achievements regularly.

Reply to
EMB

The website dedicated to him is full of useful information, and explicitly gives the year of him first splitting the atom as falling in his time at Manchester. :P to Cambridge. No prizes for guessing where I studied.

but it is odd to see him referred to simply as "Ern"

Lizzy

Reply to
Lizzy Taylor

Just as Sir Edmund Hillary is normally referred to here as "Ed" or "Sir Ed"

Reply to
EMB

I think it is that coming from the physics background, he is almost always referred to as Rutherford in the same way that most major scientists are identified purely by surname.

Lizzy Taylor

Nothing to do with present place of abode then.. I'm glad we cleared that up. :-)

Reply to
Lee_D

Nah, he's got to be in something lead lined....

Reply to
Lizzy Taylor

Sadly I cannot say that is a unique experience having lost one myself.

Reply to
Larry

I've lost windows and had people on top of my vehicles but nobody has had my axle stands or ramps or jack which have been out under the carport all this time.

Reply to
Tom Woods