Fitting Rear Bumber Lamp Assembly on Series II Disco

My wife has just phoned me at work to tell me she has reversed my V-reg (1999?) Series II Disco TD5 into a brick wall, and as well as superficial damage, has smashed the rear bumber offside lamp assembly. She's going to go to my local dealer to try and get a replacement one this afternoon, but is this an easy job for me to do, or should I also get the dealer to do it?

By easy, I mean is it just a matter of spending 30 minutes or so undoing a couple of screws, unplugging the wires, swapping the units and connecting the wiring up again?

Any speedy response would be VERY much appreciated!

Neil

Reply to
Neil Jones

Looking at my RAVE CD it appears that all you do is unclip the lamp unit from the bumper - no mention of screws or anything - unplug the multi plug and that's it - removed.

Reply to
Steve Poulson

So Neil Jones was, like

If you know which is the business end of a screwdriver, it's easy.

Yes, but read 15 for 30 :-) You'll need to grub around on your back to get at the fixings, but it's straightforward. And the unit isn't much either - ISTR about 15 notes from a main dealer, BICBW.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Wife did same on Sunday. Bought lamp and fitted it in 2 minutes. No screw driver needed. Unclip lamp holder in one piece. Insert in new light and push back in. Clicks into place.

Reply to
Aubrey