Freelander Engine Oil

Hi, I've just had my 01 Freelander TD4 serviced and I noticed that the Oil is very black. Not having owned a diesel before I wanted to check that it's not supposed that way before I fit my service center with a new bum hole ;o)

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Craig Ballingall

Diesel engines will contaminate oil a lot quicker than petrol engines, also remember to let the turbo engines 'run awhile - say 45 seconds' after a journey as the oil left in the turbo will 'burn' due to the high temperature inside, and gentle running allows the oil to flow and cool.

BUT if it has just been serviced ........... the oil SHOULD be fairly clean and NOT black ............ New bum hole might need to be fitted !!

Reply to
AndWhyNot

Fresh engine oil shouldn't be black, should it?

Cheers

Blippie

-- Visit the alt.aviation.safety FAQ online at

Blippie

I've been to the Landrover service centre who have given me the check sheet and said "Dunno Why it's like that mate". I've only had it a week so I have decided that I'll get the oil changed at my usual indy garage and keep a sample. If it then stays gold I'll take it back again and ask again (less nicely).

This is my first Land rover which I am so far really impressed with. Are Land rover service centres ususally like this? Given that I >>Hi, I've just had my 01 Freelander TD4 serviced and I noticed that the

Reply to
Craig Ballingall

There are places that you can get the oil analysed, should not be that expensive, and if, by the sound of it, they have NOT changed your oil you can claim the cost back from them etc etc

Threaten the Small Claims Court !

Landrover Service Centres in any case = £££££££££££££££

Reply to
AndWhyNot