Front Wiper Relay= may need replacement

My front wipers don't work properly. Inbtevral wiper takes a periods before it starts or I have to go to continuous first. The relay in the passenger compartment fuse box clicks but the wiper doesn't go. How can I replace that? It appears to be soldered into the circuit board of the fuse box more than being a replaceable relay. I see it in the workshop book schematic but can't find one on the relay list Could it be the wiper motor?

Thanks

Reply to
ralleboy

Car?

Reply to
Nige

Very kind of you. Bentley, please.

Reply to
Rich B

It could be, depends how it is wired. Before extracting the relay make sure it really is faulty, strap a bulb between it's switched output and chassis and see how it flashes (or not). Then check the other end of that wire at the wiper motor...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

How long a delay before the wiper starts?

It could be normal. The remaining 'dead' period of the previous intermittent cycle will be completed before the wiper functions.

Reply to
Dougal

Forgot to say, it a 2002 Discovery. BTW, it is completely dead now. Only works on single wipes and when I wash!

Reply to
ralleboy

ECU

Reply to
Nige

Similar problem on VW Passat 1990. 95% cure by fitting new wiper blades. Thermal overload in motor? Al

Reply to
Allan Plant