Frozen Starter??

Got in the Disco V8 this morning, turned the key and click, nothing. Battery fine, coolant in expansion tank not frozen and plenty of anti-freeze as recently changed.

5 or 6 clicks later and it burst into life and ran fine.

Baffled by what it was, wonder if the starter motor was frozen? It rained last night for a bit before dropping to around minus 6 so sheet ice everywhere.

Any ideas???

Reply to
Andy

The alarm spider.

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt.

William Black

No alarm on this one (Jap import)

Reply to
Andy

Hmm, now I am wondering if it could be this as the car died on me whilst driving today, came back to life in a couple of minutes though. I didn't think it had an alarm/immobiliser though as I only lock the car with a key as I have no remote, there is no LED alarm indicator on the dash between the

2 dials (like on my tdi) and no siren under the bonnet.

Guess I need to follow your link and dismantle the dash console and see if I can find said 'spider'??

Reply to
Andy