FS: series III "Edward"

Too many landies, too little money.

Any of you lot fancy taking over Edward?

Series III 1971, 2.25P, hardtop LWB.

Unknown miles but I'd guess at about 150K, from the state of the engine and transmission, both of which are worn but still work.

Good stuff: parabolics, decent tyres, new ignition and carb, new steering rods and joints last year sometime, ditto front leg on the chassis, front doors were new a bit before I had him and are sound but the glass could do with refitting properly. new exhaust when I got him, still sound. Split tailgate with top tailgate, all locks work, for what they're worth. Seats quite good. New clutch cylinders not long ago, and ISTR a new brake master cylinder soon after I bought him.

Bad stuff: brakes. Still need more sorting which I'll get to soon, I have linings for the front but not fitted yet as I reckon it needs more wheel cylinders - just replaced one that was weeping, I reckon it needs the other

3 doing. Price if sold now would reflect this work not having been done. The brakes *do* work, but they work better on the second go of the pedal.

I paid 950, ISTR, and frankly, he's in better nick now than then. MOT runs 'til mid-august sometime, and there shouldn't be too much other than the brakes to do for it.

OIRO £1200, I reckon - if I fix the brakes properly, I'll be less inclined to haggle.

Reply to
Austin Shackles