fuel-burning heater

On or around Thu, 24 Nov 2005 10:01:42 GMT, SpamTrapSeeSig enlightened us thusly:

Mind, it's hard to pin down the blame in the case of the sharalaxambra. generally, the word seems to be that it's a nice motor but let down by the quality and durability of the fittings.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around 25 Nov 2005 01:41:51 -0800, "Richard" enlightened us thusly:

they're also known as "night heaters" on trucks.

No school today, white-stuff arrived, minimally. 'twas hardly worth going out for a play in the SIII, but I had to go to town to get a new modemrouter (bloody other one died after a power outage, bastards).

Took the minibus up the road and up the hill this morning, new snow tyres on the back (vred winter ones, the new type) and it went up dead well - better than the SIII in 2WD.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

In article , Austin Shackles writes

Quite so. It's especially galling that all the 'pros' locally have had the same problems with the flywheel, but got them changed in-warranty because of their higher mileage. If we'd used ours more we could have done too, which would have softened the pain a bit, but the total intransigence of SEAT (wouldn't even make a contribution) is what's put me right off VAG.

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

In my experience the performance of my 2A in 2WD in the wet/snow/ice is all down to how much weight i have in the back. Its got decent tyres on (half worn BFG trac edges), but when the back is empty I can get the end out on just a slightly wet road. Fill the back up with stuff and its great! I have a big pile of paving slabs in the garden ready for when it snows!

Reply to
Tom Woods

H'mm interesting recovery technique.... how do you level them..whacker plate or just rough and ready crazy stylie?

;0)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I hadnt throught of using them as recovery aids. They could be used like urban sand ladders ;)

By the way - this area is bound to be free from snow for a while as

4WD on my landy still works!
Reply to
Tom Woods