Fuel pump

Well I have got my propshaft sorted but after filling up I noticed a patch under the front, put my finger down and it smelt of petrol

On getting home I discoverd that the stuff was dripping from the fuel pump, drip drip drip.

It seemed to be coming from the bottom of the glass bowl but who knows, it was getting a bit to dim to see propely.

I have for the time being wrapped the whole thing up in duck tape.

I was wondering though what specifically is leaking, I do not think it the pipes or the union itself.

I am wondering if this is something I will only ever see on a full tank as when it is low, the level of the top of the tank is below the pump ?

If someone can enlighten me I would be grateful. In any case it is no wonder I am having to fill up so often, as I guess this is not new, because there has been a smell of petrol in the cab for some time.

Larry Series 3 109 2.25 petrol

Reply to
Larry

It may be the glass bowl needs reseating on a new seal. Percy used to be the same but I took a rather more drastic soloution involving engine replacement ;-)

Lee D

-- ________________________________

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

in article 7bRVb.2428$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfep4-glfd.server.ntli.net, Lee_D at snipped-for-privacy@histerminalhat.freeservecoat.co.uk wrote on 9/2/04

7:28 pm:

I hope you don't smoke.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

Is there not a knob at the bottom of the bowl - see if it's tight.

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
William MacLeod

There is and it wasn't but it still leaked when I tightened it, thank heavens for duck tape, that seems to be holding at the moment.

Reply to
Larry

IF this is the same set-up as the fuel filter to be found just behind the front outrigger, then there is a washer behind the nut/knob thingie which has probably died - use an ordinary tap washer (you'll need to enlarge the hole) and it'll work just fine.

Mike.

Reply to
Mike Buckley