Problem of the Day

Well, the computer's working for a few minutes, so I'll try a post to find out why the Land Rover isn't.

Just thought I was getting to the root of most of the problems, but on the way back from Devon on Sunday, twice when I stopped for autogas, the thing would restart fine but would just stall when it idled. Second time I switched from gas to petrol but this made no difference. First time I got around it by keeping the revs up while I changed into Drive, the second time I revved the nuts off it and glared at it a lot.

It's fine idling when it's started from cold. It's fine idling when it's warm and has been running. But when it's warm and you restart it, it won't idle happily to start with.

Damn thing's on probation now. I'm considering trading it for a Disco TD5 or 110 TD5. Bloody V8s. It's a great car when it's working fine, but I'm getting fed up with the hassle.

David

Reply to
David French

sounds like fuel vaporisation to me. however, if it's doing it on lpg as well, buggered if i know.

cheers.

sammy.

Reply to
samuel mcgregor

In message , David French writes

Best to try to sort it on petrol first. Are we talking about an efi engine? Idle speed control valve is a frequent source of this type of problem.

Reply to
hugh