gearbox locking pin

My four wheel drive locking pin,connected to yellow knob (thats the L shaped one that is pulled up by engaging 4 wheel low on the out put shaft housing) has snapped off at the top, leaving the pin in the box, although I could extract it with a stud extractor. Does anyone know if I could engage 4 wheel low in an emergency and then be able to revert to 2 wheel by pushing back the red knob, I,m afraid to try! Also anyone replaced one of these? Patrick

Reply to
patrick

The pin should pull out quite easily, there's nothing on the other end and nothing that will drop in the box. If you pull the red knob back to low and stick the pin back in until you find another, then move red knob forward as usual, it will be back in two wheel drive. To replace the pin just undo the pivot bolt near the pin (1/4" Whit spanner) to facilitate replacement, it

*really* is that easy.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Provided you can get the floor out - but I assume it is already out, and if so, it really is that easy. JD

Reply to
JD

Reply to
patrick

Reply to
patrick

Thanks both of you, looking at it I think one of those tent pegs might do the trick. All the best Patrick

Reply to
patrick