Glass's Gudie Fore Sale

Hi There
I have obtained and are selling a number of Glass's Guides
Here are three of them.
I have September / October & The current Month November
Thought someone might be interested.
Thanks
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item 0052930517&ssPageNameME:L:LCA:UK:31
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item 0052918551&ssPageNameME:L:LCA:UK:31
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item 0052907361&ssPageNameME:L:LCA:UK:31
On or around Tue, 14 Nov 2006 13:49:14 -0000, "IanL"

Wonder what Glass's will think of that? ISTR you have to be a bona fide trader to get 'em and not pass 'em on.
Beyond the horizon of the place we lived when we were young / In a world
IanL wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item 0052930517&ssPageNameME:L:LCA:UK:31
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item 0052918551&ssPageNameME:L:LCA:UK:31
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item 0052907361&ssPageNameME:L:LCA:UK:31
BiN for 35, LOL!
--
Darren Griffin
PocketGPSWorld - www.PocketGPSWorld.com
Darren Griffin - PocketGPSWorld.Com wrote:

Let's save us seeing the same old stuff again ....
How much did you raise in July?
http://tinyurl.com/y798zt
I sold The July issue for 27.50
Here is the URL
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item 0011953062&sspagenameME:B:RTQ:UK:1
For those that don't know these cost 450 pa for an annual subscription.
Each issue is different-
I don't care what I sell it for Their is no reserve. BIN for 35 is fair considering historical prices for current issues and that someone might want it quckly.
"Dougal" <DougalAThiskennel.free-online.co.uk> wrote in message

Were you aware that Glass' do not confer on you the rights to resell?
A moot point but it's done with all sorts of things all over the world.
Were you aware that you shouldn't give away software Lend DVD's, Books Etc
If they wish to strike me off. So be it.

"But, officer, *everyone* does it"... Fortunately, Ebay are usually very quick to pull auctions that dont conform to their terms once they've been reported. See if you can persuade *them* its okay to resell ;o)
I'm really not bothered
I don't think I have to talk to 'officer' - honest guv.
If that was the case every game and publication sold on ebay would be pulled.
Just read the copyright statement in most book and publications ''..not be lent, resold, hireed out...'
That would put amazon out of the used book business

Having shown yourself to be no respecter of others copyright, try not to compound your errors by top posting ;o)

Well, I suppose cheap shots are easier than answering a perfectly valid point..
And please trim the quotes in your posts next time hehehe.....

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 22:19:13 +0000, Ian Rawlings

What was the valid point? Glass' (like many or maybe MOST copyright holders) explicitly forbid you from reselling their work to another. If your point is that that condition isn't valid, perhaps you would like to tell that to those who have recently settled out of court regarding file sharing

Well, for a start, if he bought it from someone else then it would probably be hard to make that stick as he'd not be bound by the terms and conditions.
Secondly, no-one bothers about that kind of crap anyhow, as it's right on the edge of legality.
As for file sharing, it has no relevance here as that's clearly against the law as you are copying a piece of work, whereas this is akin to selling second-hand computer games and CDs, you in theory are forbidden to sell them by the manufacturer but it's not really legal for them to put that restriction on you despite their whingeing. There are shops dedicated to selling second-hand games, which is "explicitly forbidden" and therefore totally illegal in your view yes?

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 07:07:30 +0000, Ian Rawlings

Hmmm, I dunno. I mean, yes, you're right in as far as he cant be bound to the original t&c, but then the sale to him in the first place is technically unlawful, so maybe that takes precedence.

I disagree - Ebay most certainly *do* take that seriously, because they always cancel all auctions that are reported to them as being unlawful. Too right they dont bother setting up traces to find them themselves, partly because they cant be bothered and partly because they generate an income from successful sales, but they do cancel if notified. TBH, I didnt bother reporting the auctions because I simply couldnt be bothered - I was merely pointing out that the OP's apparent generosity in passing on something he had was actually him trying to sell something he technically had no right to sell

Yeah, okay, strike that last paragraph. It was a particularly poor analogy
enlightened us thusly:

According to Glass's, selling it on is definitely in breach of their conditions of supply.
Too Busy: Your mind is like a motorway. Sometimes it can be jammed by

I'd take them more seriously if they had loads of case law backing them up.
--
William Black

William Black wrote:

If anyone can be bothered to read them, the Terms and Conditions relating to Glass's products can be found here: http://www.eurotaxglass.co.uk/PDFs/TermsConditions05.pdf
On a quick look all the restrictions and penalties relate to the subscriber so if you can distance yourself from that contractual position they probably cannot touch you. The usual copyright etc. restrictions still apply but as someone mentioned earlier the straighforward sale of an unaltered document isn't usually a breach of copyright.
On or around Wed, 15 Nov 2006 21:49:22 +0000, Dougal <DougalAThiskennel.free-online.co.uk> enlightened us thusly:>

I agree - it all depends whether the seller is the subscriber. although the subscriber must have passed it on somewhere along the chain. Looking on ebay, I find quite a lot but not many current ones.
"The breezy call of incense-breathing Morn, The swallow twittering

Nope.
Second-hand booksellers would be out of business if thatw as the case.

This is England, it doesn't work like that.
It is up to the publisher to prove that they have suffered a loss.
--
William Black

enlightened us thusly:

sorry, not so. read a few copyright statements. I suspect that in the case of Glass's, there's an additional condition precluding reselling, but general copyright doesn't preclude it, as per my other post.
You're not allowed to *duplicate* things.